Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Monthly Wrap-Up: October 2022


I hope you guys had a great Spooky Season! Mine was filled with moving out old furniture, building and moving in new furniture, and redecorating/reorganizing my room... and I'm still not done 🙃

Anyway, this month I read 6 novels, 2 novellas, and 1 comic book, for a total of 9 books and 2384 pages. That's about 700 pages less than last month! But last month I did A LOT of re-reading 😅 This month I only ended up re-reading 2 books. Of the 9 books, 6 were adult, 1 YA, and 2 MG. And 4 were horror, 4 urban fantasy, and 1 mystery thriller.

Books read this month:


Vampiric Vacation was really silly and a little spooky and I really enjoyed it! The kids solved a mystery at a place called Sanguine Spa, so that was fun. I didn’t love it as much as the first book, but it was still good.

Rolling in the Deep and Into the Drowning Deep were about killer mermaids and I loved it! It was such a cool premise! Plus, I really enjoyed all the science (cause I’m a nerd 😆). I felt like the ending was a little anticlimactic, but it was pretty good overall!

And yes, I am still re-reading the Elemental Assassin series 😆 Haints & Hobwebs was a lot of fun because it had ghosts! Well, one ghost. Lol. But it was perfect for spooky season! And then I also re-read Poison Promise which, yes, was great. Lol.


Maniac of New York is a comic book that is very reminiscent of Friday the 13th, so I enjoyed that aspect and just the world in general. I didn't enjoy it as much as volume one—I feel like not much happened in regards to the story—but it was still good.

I was not expecting another Ellie Jordan book this soon, but Fallen Wishes was a nice surprise! And I really liked it! It was spooky and fun, and the investigation itself was very interesting. 17 books into this series and I am still loving it!

Mere Mortals was also a lot of fun! I loved the premise and I found myself grinning often while reading this. I'm still unsure about that ending, but overall I really enjoyed it.

Paola Santiago and the River of Tears had La Llorona in it, which is why I was very excited to read this book! But idk... It was just... fine 🤷‍♀️ It wasn't what I expected, and I haven't figured out why I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. But, I mean, it wasn't bad. It was a fun adventure. I just... don’t know. I wish I loved it more than I did, because the premise was great!

Favorite book of the month:


Excluding re-reads, this is the only other book I gave 5 stars to. I just loved it! Although Into the Drowning Deep is a close second.

Least favorite book of the month:

Even though I liked some more than others, I really did enjoy all the books I read this month.

Books reviewed this month:


Final Grade (Fear Street #30) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆
Her Haunted Heart (B Mine #2) by Brooklyn Ann | ★★★☆☆
The Hitchhiker by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆


The Dare (Fear Street #21) by R.L. Stine | ★★☆☆☆
Home Before Dark by Riley Sager | ★★★★★
The Evil Lives! (Fear Street Cheerleaders #5) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆
The Awakening Evil (Fear Street Sagas #10) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆


The Perfect Date (Fear Street #37) by R.L. Stine | ★★☆☆☆
College Weekend (Fear Street #32) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆
Lessons in Terror (Fear Street Collector's Editions #8) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆

Other posts:







Movie Review: Fear Street 1666

Movie Review: There's Someone
Inside Your House


Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

6 comments:

  1. They all look spooktastic!!! Happy Movember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those R.L. Stine books make me feel so nostalgic. I've heard so many good things about those Mira Grant books. Who isn't intrigued by killer mermaids? I hope you are able to finish all your moving and redecorating in a timely manner. Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to check out mor of Mira Grant's books! And thanks! I hope things get done soon too. Lol.

      Delete
  3. There is a lot of horror books. I have a copy of Into the Drowning Deep that I need to read.
    Have a great November reading month.
    My Wrap-up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I love horror! Lol. Oh yes, you definitely need to read it! It was really good!

      Delete