Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Monthly Wrap-Up: November 2022


I swear it was just Halloween like two days ago, and now we're at the end of November?? Who sped up time? Knock it off! 😆

This month I read 7 books, 2 of which were re-reads, for a total of 2506 pages. That's about 200 pages more than I read in October! 4 books were part of a series, and 3 standalones. 5 were 5-star reads, 1 book 4-stars, and 1 book 3-stars, so it was a really good reading month overall! All were from female authors, 5 books from authors I've read before, and 2 new-to-me authors. 5 were adult books and 2 YA, 3 sci-fi, 2 urban fantasy, and 2 contemporary romance. Contemporaries, shocking, I know. Lol. Another shocking stat: while 6 were ebooks, 1 was an audiobook! I don't tend to read audiobooks because my mind wanders and I miss things and it's just annoying. Lol. BUT I ended up listening to my audiobook of Spider's Trap, which was fine in this case because this was a re-read so if my mind wandered it was no big deal because I've read this book before. Lol.

Books read this month:


In my continuation of my Elemental Assassin re-read, I read books 12 and 13 this month, and obviously loved them both. Lol. Black Widow in particular is one of my favorite books in the series because the antagonist is just awful, but a great villain. I just love this series and I've realized that I'm quickly coming up on the end and I'm not okay 😭 Lol.

I also read the first two books in the Colonial Explorer Corps series which takes place in the Space Janitor world but follows completely different characters and has a totally different vibe. I feel like this series is more character driven, and it's not as light as Space Janitor, but I still enjoyed it!


And of course, another sci-fi book because I cannot get out of this mood and it's totally fine 😆 Six Wakes is a murder mystery set on a space station with a group of clones waking up in a new body after being murdered and no memory of what happened 😬 This was SO good! I obviously loved the setting, but the mystery itself was really well done, and I really liked how all the characters were connected to one another and how the puzzle pieces fell into place in the end.

And OMG is that two contemporaries I spy?? 😱 Why yes, yes it is. And I loved them 😲 I thought the romance in these books was really cute and I liked the characters. But I think I liked The Do-Over just a little more than Better Than the Movies because it had the added element of a time loop, which was a lot of fun!

Favorite books of the month:


This was tough! Excluding re-reads I'm gonna have to go with these two! Like I said, Six Wakes was a really well done mystery set in space, and The Do-Over was super cute with a fun time loop! But I really, really liked all the other books I read too!

Least favorite book of the month:

None! I enjoyed all the books I read this month!

Books reviewed this month:


Sugar Plum Spies (Section 47 #2) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★
Fallen Wishes (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #17) by J.L. Bryan | ★★★★★
The Fiery Trial (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #8) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★☆
Rain (Paper Gods #2) by Amanda Sun | ★★★★☆


Born to Endless Night (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #9) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★
Rise (Paper Gods #2.5) by Amanda Sun | ★★★★☆
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller | ★★★★★


Angels Twice Descending (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #10) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★
Summer of the Mariposas by Guadalupe Garcia McCall | ★★★★☆
Storm (Paper Gods #3) by Amanda Sun | ★★★★☆
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★

Other posts:


October 2022
End of the Year TBR: ALL the Series!




Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

12 comments:

  1. I'm really curious about Song of Achilles. I've seen an heard so many good things about it! Have a great December :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO good! I highly recommend it! It is the type of book that you think about MONTHS after having read it!

      Delete
  2. I agree, time really did speed up!! Great job with books, not one have I read but would like to! Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely reading list! I've had Elemental Assassin on my to read wishlist for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oooh I highly recommend Elemental Assassin! It's one of my favorite series!!

      Delete
  4. I'm not much for rereading. I feel like there's too many good books out there to read one I already know I like. I know it's an unpopular position.....just not for me.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/wrap-up-nov-22

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I totally get it! I'm like that most of the year, but when the mood wants Gin Blanco I can't say no 😆

      Delete
  5. I know right? Like how are we so near Christmas already? Have a great December!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There a lot of books read in November.
    Have a great December reading month.
    My Monthly Wrap up

    ReplyDelete