Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Monthly Wrap-Up: May 2023


In May I read 6 books, for a total of 1527 pages (that's about 580 pages less than the previous month).
  • All of them were part of a series
  • I started 1 series, but I also finished it!
  • Two were 5-star reads, three 4-stars, and one was a 3-star read
  • 5 were finished copies, and 1 ARC
  • 1 was adult, and 5 YA
  • 1 sci-fi, 4 thrillers, 1 historical
  • All were from authors I've previously read

Books read this month:


I was in the very rare mood where I wanted something a little historical, and I think it was because I spent so much time with the Shadowhunters of the late 1800s/early 1900s in The Last Hours, that I just wanted more. Lol. So I read My Plain Jane! And I loved it! It was a lot of fun and I liked the added bonus of ghosts! I think I enjoyed this book more than I did My Lady Jane, which I read last year. (And I also liked this version of events as opposed to the OG Jane Eyre 😆).

I loved Only Good Enemies SO much!! I knew it was going to be good, but still. Lol. I just love the blend of sci-fi elements with fantasy elements, and I especially love to slow burn romance and enemies-to-lovers trope... it was all done so well!! And now I can't wait for the next book in the series even though this book isn't even out yet 😆 Oh, the problem with reading ARCs. Lol.


And then I read the entirety of the New Fear Street series after not having read a single Fear Street book for over a year! And they were all pretty solid reads! Fear Street books tend to be hit or miss, but I really liked these, especially because 3 out of the 4 had a supernatural element to them. Those are always my favorite. And it was nice to be back in Shadyside after so long.

Favorite books of the month:


I loved My Plain Jane more than I thought I would! It was so much fun and I loved the added element of the ghosts! And I of course loved the latest book from Jennifer Estep. Lol. It was just SO good!

Least favorite book of the month:

All of them were pretty solid reads, so no dislikes this month! Yay! Lol.

Books reviewed this month:


Lying in the Deep by Diana Urban | ★★★☆☆
Fear Hall: The Conclusion (Fear Street: Fear Hall #2) by R.L. Stine | ★★☆☆☆
Bot Duct Skeleton (Space Janitor #0.8) by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆
Abandoned World (Recycled World #0.5) by Julia Huni | ★★★☆☆
Dirt the Vacu-bot Missed by Julia Huni | ★★★★★


Deep Black Sea by David M. Salkin | ☆☆☆☆☆
The Scourge Between Stars by Ness Brown | ★★★☆☆
Chain of Iron (The Last Hours #2) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★
We Jace you a Clary Xmas by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★
Quackery: A Brief History of the Worst Ways to Cure Everything by Lydia Kang & Nate Pedersen | ★★★★★

Other posts:


April 2023
My Library Gave Me Book Recs, Did I Read Them?

Books Are Better Than People
#4: Perpetually Behind



Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

7 comments:

  1. I need to read the My - Jane series, I love all those authors. I started the first one in their new Mary series and need to read on in that too! Lying in the Deep is on my TBR too. Hope June is going well for you so far too!
    https://lisalovesliterature.bookblog.io/2023/06/01/the-looooong-and-the-short-of-it-with-a-giveaway-may-2022-wrap-up-post-and-what-to-expect-in-june-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'm really looking forward to the Mary series as well! And I hope you enjoy Lying in the Deep when you get to it!

      Delete
  2. I really want to read the Jane Series - it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. There a lot of cool books you read.
    Have a great June reading month.
    My wrap-up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a pretty solid month of books.

      Delete