Sunday, May 21, 2023

Sunday Post #351: New Car Temptation


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

This week was less chaotic than last week, which I appreciate. But I work in a grade school, so there's always going to be some level of insanity 😆

Yesterday I went to take my car to get aligned and I had them re-check the breaks because something weird was going on. It turns out the rotors where completely corroded! I had new breaks put in 3 weeks ago, new tires 3 weeks before that, and now new rotors... good grief! However, they couldn't get the parts in till Tuesday so I had to get a rental because how else am I supposed to get to work? And omg the rental is SO nice! It's a 2023 Toyota 4Runner. Driving it home, I briefly contemplated buying a new car... but nah. I have a 2016 Toyota Rav4 and it's still good! It actually didn't need anything major done until this year with the breaks and now the rotors. But the temptation of a new car... 👀 No, don't do it! 😆

What I've been watching:

I haven't been watching much TV. It was the season finales of the TV shows I watch (9-1-1, The Rookie, SWAT, and all their spinoffs lol), so that's all I've watched. Up next, I'm feeling in the mood for some anime, so I think I'm gonna catch up on some shows.

What I've been listening to:


"Losing Myself to Find You is a song about the emotional journey of sacrificing parts of oneself in the pursuit of love. We've all been there, right? Sacrificing parts of yourself, your identity, just for someone we think is our soul mate. But after the dust settles we all ask ourselves, who am I now? Was it worth it? I do believe there is someone out there for everyone, but we have to be honest, for most of us, there is a price to pay, and a journey full of heartbreak to be had. I'd argue that with this struggle, when you do find any sort of happiness or love...it was worth every second :)" -Unlike Pluto

What I've been playing:


I'm all caught up on Power Wash Simulator! And omg the Summer bonus pack was just announced and I am SO excited!

Nail art of the week:


Online

Books reviewed this week:

★★★☆☆
★★★☆☆
★★★★★


Other posts from this week:

#316: The Problem with Reading ARCs...
Books Are Better Than People


Ongoing giveaway:


Book Haul



How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment