Thursday, August 31, 2023

Monthly Wrap-Up: August 2023


I got a lot of reading done in August thanks to a readathon. I read 6 novels, 1 novella, and 4 graphic novels, for a total of 11 books (that's 2307 pages! It's about 500 pages less than last month, but it's my second-highest page count so far this year)!
  • 1 book was a re-read
  • 9 were part of a series and 2 were standalones
  • 3 were ARCs and 8 were finished copies
  • 4 were 5-star reads, 5 were 4-star reads, 1 was 3 stars, and 1 was 2 stars
  • 1 was a new-to-me author, and 10 I've previously read
  • 3 were adult and 8 YA
  • 3 were urban fantasy, 1 high fantasy, 1 mystery thriller, 2 romantic suspense, and 4 mythology retellings

Books read this month:


Have You Seen My Sister? was an okay YA mystery set in a small town. Spider and Frost was a crossover novella between Gin from the Elemental Assassin series and Gwen from Mythos Academy, and it was AMAZING! I already know this is going to be my favorite book of the year! My Soul To Take was a re-read, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. League of Liars was a fantasy thriller and it was so freaking good! I don't read a lot of high fantasy, but there's something unique about Astrid Scholte's books that I just love!


It has been YEARS since I read a Mindee Arnett book, but The Nightmare Dilemma reminded me why I love them! This one was just so much fun, the story was interesting, and I loved the characters! Saving Mitch though... didn't like it. It's a romantic suspense, but those two elements were not balanced well, the romance was not for me, and the characters were terrible. Her Ex-crush Bodyguard was another romantic suspense, but this one I loved! I love Janette Rallison's romances because they're always super cute and sweet and her characters are always likeable.

x

And then I read a bunch of Greek mythology graphic novels. I really love this series because it retells the myths concisely and they have illustrations! Lol.

Favorite books of the month:


Easily my favorite was Spider and Frost! It was just amazing and cannot get over how epic it was that Gin and Gwen met and kicked ass together! Closely followed by League of Liars. Solid fantasy thriller.

Least favorite book of the month:


The first 2 stars I hand out this year 😬

Books reviewed this month:



Kissing Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker #1.5) by Kelly Oram | ★★★★★
More Than Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker #2) by Kelly Oram | ★★☆☆☆
Paradise-1 (Red Space #1) by David Wellington | ★★★★☆
Cinder’s Adventure: Get Me to the Wedding! by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★★
Gilded by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★★


The Keeper of Night by Kylie Lee Baker | ★★★★☆
Loop by Karen Akins | ★★★☆☆
Galatea by Madeline Miller | ★★★★☆
There's No Way I'd Die First by Lisa Springer | ★★★☆☆


Revenge of the Evil Librarian (Evil Librarian #2) by Michelle Knudsen | ★★★★★
Curse of the Evil Librarian (Evil Librarian #3) by Michelle Knudsen | ★★★★★
Moonlight Secrets (Fear Street Nights #1) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆
The Leveller by Julia Durango | ★★★★☆
Have You Seen My Sister? by Kirsty McKay | ★★★☆☆

Other posts:


July 2023
#26: Finally!

Sizzlin' Summer Book Tag
Bout of Books Readathon!


Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment