Sunday, January 2, 2022

2021 End of the Year Survey


I'm a little bit late to the party, but it's fine 😅 Lol. I borrowed the images below from The Perpetual Page Turner, the creator of this fun survey 😊



Number Of Books You Read: 83
Number of Re-Reads: 9
Genre You Read The Most From: Mystery/Thriller

1. Best Book You Read In 2021?


Probably this one. I just loved everything about it!

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?


I was SO excited for this one, but it just ended up being underwhelming 😞

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?


Here's another one that I was looking forward to but ended up being disappointed by. I was very surprised at how much flowery writing this had. So much so that the "horror" got lost amidst it all. Sigh.

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

Idk... I can't think of one 🤷‍♀️

5. Best series you started in 2021? Best Sequel? Best Series Ender of 2021?



I'm telling you I loved Capture the Crown! It was freaking amazing! I also loved A Good Girl's Guide to Murder! And the sequel was just as good! And just to clarify, Last Strand isn't the last Elemental Assassin book... it's just the last one for a while AND it is the end of this current arc. Plus I couldn't think of a better series ender. Lol. But I loved this one! It wrapped things up so well!

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2021?


Julia Huni writes these really fun sci-fi books and I just can't wait to read more from her!

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?


Contemporary romance. I usually read only 1 a year, but this year I read THREE! It was crazy! End I enjoyed them all! Lol.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?


Jennifer Estep writes amazing action! and this one was no different! It was probably even better because it was the last book in the arc!

9. Book You Read In 2021 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year?


I honestly contemplated re-reading this IN 2021 😂 It'll probably happen in 2022 before book two comes out.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2021?


I love the soft colors of this, but I also like that it's a little bit spooky 👻

11. Most memorable character of 2021?


Nova! She was one of my favorite things about this series!

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2021?


Technically this one... but the flowery writing is what I hated about it 🙈 Lol.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/Life-Changing Book of 2021?


The books I read aren't usually that deep 😂 But this one was throught-provoking in that I learned stuff. Lol.

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2021 to finally read?


I hopped on the Marissa Meyer train a little late, but I am here and ready to stay! I love her work and cannot get enough of it!

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2021?


“As we all have an infinite capacity to make mistakes, we all have an infinite capacity for forgiveness.”

16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2021?


17. Book That Shocked You The Most?


This series in general, I want to say. It had some pretty great plot twists!

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)


Malec. Without a doubt 😍

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year?


The Tech sisters 💗 Even with the two older sisters away at college, I loved how close they were regardless.

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2021 From An Author You’ve Read Previously?


Like, duh. But also, I just need to stop putting Capture the Crown in every question 😂

21. Best Book You Read In 2021 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.


Technically this was already on my tbr, but I had no plans on picking it up in 2021 up until someone recommended I read it. And I really enjoyed it!

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2021?


Tyler Jones 💗 He's currently on the mind because Aurora Rising is the last book I read in 2021. But also, those goddamn dimples 😍 I'm a sucker for a guy with dimples. Lol.

23. Best 2021 debut you read?


I don't think I read any 2021 debuts? I read this one, but this is a 2022 release 😅 I enjoyed it though. Pretty solid sci-fi horror.

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?


This was not one of my favorite series... it has its issues for sure. But the worldbuilding was incredible! It was definitely my favorite part of the series!

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?


This book was ridiculous... I loved it! It's a horror comedy and it is definitely one of my favorite books of the year! It was so much fun!

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2021?


I don't think any book made me cry this year, but QoaaD came close. And I might have gotten misty eyed there at the end, and especially with the short story at the end of the book about Jace and Clary 💗

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?


I loved this book so much I read the entire series in like a week or two 😆 It was so much fun! I loved it!

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?


As much as I loved this book, it was actually hard to read at times. The things that happened parallelled with things that were going on in the real world, and it just hit close to home.

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2021?


This is a cozy mystery set in space... that's amazing! I enjoyed every second of it!

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?


It doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it... but I actually didn't like this. The main character was really dumb and then the ending of the book just made things worse. Ugh.



1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2021?

Idk, cant think of one 🤷‍♀️

2. Favorite post you wrote in 2021?


I really enjoyed talking about my journey learning Japanese! It's been fun!

3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2021?


4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, etc.)?

None, unfortunately 😞 I went to a bookstore though! I've missed that! Lol.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2021?


Anytime I get a special edition of a book... especially if it's signed 💗

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

My mental health has not been the best, especially this Fall/Winter. So it's been hard trying to get anything done when you just DON'T want to get anything done.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog?


Just me talking about the convoluted way I pick what to read next? Okay 😂 This post is from 2014, so it's not AT ALL how I pick my books now. Lol.

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

🤷‍♀️ Numbers really isn't something I worry about.

9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Idk... I'm at the end of a migrane as I write this, so I can't think of anything 😅

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

Yes! I completed 5 of them! You can check that out here!



1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2021 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2022?


I love my Shadowhunters, okay? 😅

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2022 (non-debut)?


The sequel to Capture the Crown!! I'm so excited! I usually get an ARC for Jennifer Estep books, so I'm crossing my fingers on this one! 🤞

3. 2022 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?


So I don't have a debut that I have my eye on, BUT Kiersten White is debuting her first adult horror book and I am SO excited! I actually just got an ARC not too long ago, so I'm gonna be starting it soon!

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2022?


I'm sorry, I can't help it! 🙈 I like what I like, and I just so happen to like Jennifer Estep books 😅

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2022?

I definitely want to complete those reading challenges I set for myself.

6. A 2022 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):


Well, this is the only 2022 release I've read so far, but I don't think I would recommend it to everyone, seeing as how horror isn't everyone's cup of tea. But it you do like horror then definitely go for it!


That was fun! Let me know what some of your favorite books of 2021 were and/or what books you're most looking forward to in 2022!

6 comments:

  1. I was really excited for All These Bodies too, but it doesn't seem like people loved it. Sigh. Looks like you had a good reading year, overall, though!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I keep hearing about it everywhere. I thought it was only me, but definitely not.

      Delete
  2. What an interesting way to wrap up your year in reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A neat way to wrap up the year. I might do this tag next. I just started a new blog.

    ReplyDelete