Wednesday, July 6, 2022

2022 Mid-Year Check In: Reading Stats


I love numbers, so I'm always excited to look at my reading stats to see how my reading changes throughout the year. I had never done reading stats in the middle of the year until last year though! So, this mid-year check in is still pretty new for me. So far this year I have read 40 books, the exact same as last year!



Compared to the reading stats of the first half of 2021, this year I have read 8 less novels BUT 6 more novellas. Those short stories have really been saving me this year because my mood just doesn't know what it wants. Lol. Oh, and also, last year I didn't read any comic books or graphic novels, but I've read 3 so far this year!


As for re-reads, I haven't been doing it as much as last year. Last year I read 2 more books than I did in 2022.


And here the purple line = 2021, and the blue line = 2022.


And this is the same: the purple line = 2021 and the blue line = 2022. It's very interesting. Last year it was a little more up and down, but this year it's a little more consistent... minus February. I don't know what happened there 😅😂


This is pretty different from last year. Las year I didn't read as many of those short stories/novellas. My most read last year were the books in the 300 page range with 15 books! Last year I also read a book that was in the 800 page count (I believe it was Queen of Air and Darkness), but this year I have not read anything over the 500 page range.


This one is also really different. Last year I had only read 4 ARCs, but this year I have been reading significantly more! I have noticed that I've been grabbing more review copies from Netgalley, BUT I have also been reading them as soon as I get them!


And this one is also different because I haven't listened to any audiobooks yet (there's one book I'm waiting for the audiobook release). But I have also been reading more ebooks than I did last year. Last year it was only 40%! And hardcover and paperback were a combination of 50%! Not this year. This year I have been reading a lot of ebooks from the library. I love the library 🖤


This one is also very different! While the purchased books remain my highest, it's still 15 LESS purchased books I read than in 2021! And then this year I have read 8 MORE books from the library, 5 MORE books I got with a gift card, and 4 MORE review books.


And here I have read 10% MORE standalone novels. I'm honestly shocked 😂 I love my series.


And this one makes me sad... So far this year I have started 2 MORE series than I did last year, and finished 2 LESS than in 2021 😭


This one, however, makes me happy. No 2- or 1-star reads!! Last year I had a couple, but last year I also didn't DNF any books. I'm trying to get better at dropping books I'm not enjoying though.


This one is so, so different! Guys, so far this year, I have read ZERO R.L. Stine books!! That means no books published in the 90s, or even the 80s or early 2000s!!


And this chart, on the other hand, EXACTLY the same. Lol.


This one is only slightly different, by not by much. I've read a couple more books that have multiple authors, both male and female.


Here's another one that is EXACTLY the same. I don't know how that happens. Lol.


And this is also pretty much the same... give or take literally one book 😂 What can I say, I like what I like. Lol.


And for this chart, this year I've been reading slightly less books with a female POV, and slightly more with both a male and female POV. But I've also been reading more books with a male POV! (It's only 3 more books than in 2021, but still lol).


Oooh, this one is different. Last year, about 1/4 of the books I read had multiple POV, but this year I've been reading more!


This one is also very different! This year I've been reading more books with a 3rd person POV, but about 20% less books with a 1st person POV.


This one is also different... but not really. Lol. My top two are still the same, and around the same numbers, but last year I didn't read any NA or MG!


And this chart is new this year! I don't really remember how many non-fiction books I had read by this point in the year in 2021, but I think it was only 1.


And this last one is shockingly different! Last year my top genre with 12 books was urban fantasy, my favorite genre!! But this year I've only read 2!! That is crazy! But as you can see, I've been very into sci-fi lately, and that's all I've been wanting to read. Lol. And then the next to highest are mystery/thriller and horror, which is as it should be. Lol.


Let me know how your reading is going so far this year!

2 comments:

  1. You track so many different things. I love it! I think it's smart that you read NetGalley books as soon as you request them. It's easy to get buried under them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! That's why I don't request as many books anymore. But idk, this year I've been pretty on top of it.

      Delete