Monday, July 11, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #273: Unexpected Surprise


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I read:


Beautiful Demons was not for me. It's urban fantasy and totally sound like something I would like... and in the beginning I did like it! The story was intriguing and I was liking the characters... but then the amnesia thing happened and I was OUT. Amnesia works sometimes, and I usually don't mind it, but it just did not work for me here.

Game on the other hand, I loved! The mystery was intriguing and so well set up! I loved the characters, especially Jazz who is the son of the the most infamous serial killer. I just love this series and am looking forward to seeing how it wraps up.


Currently reading:



Haven't picked The Earth Concurrence back up 👀 And I've only read a couple of pages of Mind Games, but I really like the concept of it!


Up next:


I literally just got an ARC of this book in the middle of writing this post!! Gah! I am SO excited! You know I love Jennifer Estep, and I also can't shut up about how sci-fi is the only thing I've basically been craving lately, and this book? It is a sci-fi romance!! Yes please! I am definitely gonna be starting this one tomorrow!!


What are you reading this week?

4 comments:

  1. The Barry Lyga series looks to be fascinating, but as I went to read more about it, I don't think I could handle all the violence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO good! But it does get pretty dark and gory, so if that's not for you then yeah, maybe no 😅

      Delete
  2. I'm a huge fan of Jennifer Estep so I wouldn't blame you one bit if you skipped ahead of those two books that you're barely reading as is LOL!! I hope it scratches your sci-fi itch ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished it and IT DID! It was SO good!

      Delete