Friday, July 8, 2022

Top 10 Most Anticipated Books of the Last Half of 2022


With us entering the last half of 2022, I thought I'd take a look at some of the new releases I am most looking forward for the rest of the year!



In I Told You This Would Happen by Elaine Murphy [July 12th 2022], the protagonist's sister has died. A sister that was a freaking serial killer!! Oh, and the sister manipulated the protagonist into hiding the bodies for her, nbd 😧 Now someone is onto her and she's trying to keep her secret a secret! Ummm, yes please! I'm very excited that this one comes out soon!

Shutter by Ramona Emerson [August 2nd 2022] is another sort of mystery thriller/crime type of book. Except in this one we follow forensic photographer who sees dead people!! Crime solving and ghosts? Two of my favorite things!

How to Survive Your Murder by Danielle Valentine [August 30th 2022]... first of all, that title is amazing! And yes, this is yet ANOTHER mystery thriller (and no one was surprised 😂) In this one the main character is the sole witness in her sister's murder trial, but then somehow winds up back to the night she was killed with the opportunity to save her sister and find the killer! It's shaping up to be a summer full of mystery and murder... I like it 😆


I am SO excited for Only Bad Options (Galactic Truebond #1) by Jennifer Estep [September 20th 2022]! A sci-fi romance from Jennifer Estep?? YES! I love this author, and I've been reading a lot of sci-fi lately, so this is perfect for me right now! I can't wait!

Vampiric Vacation (Sinister Summer Series #2) by Kiersten White [September 27th 2022] is the second book in the Sinister Summer middle grade series, and I can't wait to read it! Wretched Waterpark was a lot of fun! That one had a mystery in a gothic waterpark, but apparently in this one they're going to a spa... in Transylvania! 😱 I cannot wait! Kiersten White's MG books are always really funny and a little spooky... I love it!

Station Eternity (The Midsolar Murders #1) by Mur Lafferty [October 4th 2022] is a murder mystery set in space... I need it!! Also, the space station the main character is on is sentient?? I need to know more! Lol

Flight 171 by Amy Christine Parker [October 4th 2022] is a horror book set on a plane, which is pretty cool. There's some dark secrets and a threatening supernatural creature... I'm in!


Sugar Plum Spies (Section 47 #2) by Jennifer Estep [November 8th 2022]... Yes, another Jennifer Estep book and I am freaking excited! 😆 I loved A Sense of Danger, so I'm really glad we're getting more books in the series! This series is filled with spies, assassin, cool supernatural abilities, and lots of action! I can't wait!

Cursed (Gilded #2) by Marissa Meyer [November 8th 2022] is the conclusion to the fairy tale retelling of Rumpelstiltskin and I cannot wait to read it! Gilded was amazing, but that ending... oh man! I'm really looking forward to this one and seeing how things wrap up!

Oh my god... is that contemporary I spy on my list? 😱 The Do-Over by Lynn Painter [November 15th 2022] is, indeed, a contemporary romance... but with a time loop! I apparently really like this trope because I read a similar contemporary earlier this year 😂


Let me know what new releases you're looking forward to for the rest of the year! 😊

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first book in the Marissa Meyer series, but I didn't know it was a Rumpelstiltskin retelling, that sounds interesting! I hope you end up enjoying these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! It was a fairy tale retelling interwoven with German folklore/mythology and it was just really well done! I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Vampiric Vacation looks so darn cute! I hadn't heard of that series. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I know you enjoy a good MG book, so I think you'll like this series! It was a lot of fun!

      Delete