Friday, September 30, 2022

Monthly Wrap-Up: September 2022


Happy Fall, everyone! Spooky Season is upon us and I COULD NOT BE MORE HAPPY!


Now I'm just waiting for the weather to cool down cause it's still in the 80s and I am not okay with that 😒 I want to wear sweaters and boots!! 😝 (Just wait, come December I'm gonna be complaining that it's TOO cold 🤦‍♀️😂)

Anyway, this month I read 11 books... well, 8 books and 3 novellas. Lol. 7 of them were re-reads and I read a total of 3117 pages, which is 1223 pages MORE than last month!! This is the most I have read in a month so far this year! 9 were adult and 2 YA, and 10 were urban fantasy and 1 was steampunk.

Books read this month:


August was a very weird month in that I didn't read a single YA book 😱 But no worries, I started off the month of September with one! Lol. The Girl with the Windup Heart is the last book in The Steampunk Chronicles series and I overall enjoyed it! This wasn't my favorite of the series, and the climax was kinda underwhelming, but it wasn't bad. Although I'm glad that I actually finished a series more than anything 😆

And then I went back to my Elemental Assassin  re-read 😝


This month I read 6 books and 3 novellas in the series, and I obviously enjoyed them all. Lol. The whole Mab Monroe arc was amazing; Gin and Bria going on a vacation in By a Thread that turned out to be not-so-relaxing was also great; Widow's Web was heartbreaking because a horrible person from Owen's past came back to wreak havoc and... it was just sad! 😭 And Deadly Sting is one of my favorite books of the entire series because it takes place mostly in one evening and it's basically just Gin thwarting a heist and sneaking around killing people left and right. It was great! 😆


Kiss of Venom is a novella in Owen's POV. It was really nice to get his perspective on things after what happened in Widow's Web and Deadly Sting. And then today I'm finishing up Heart of Venom, which was another heartbreaking story, but this one involving Sophia, who is like family to Gin (but also her body disposer lol). I'm just having a lot of fun revisiting this world and the characters. I love Gin Blanco!

And then I FINALLY read The Lost Book Of The White and I LOVED IT, much to the surprise of NO ONE 😆 I am just so glad that Magnus and Alec have their own series! Furthermore, the TMI gang get back together and that made me so happy! I was so glad to see that Jace, Clary, Izzy, and Simon joined Malec as they traversed Shanghai looking for the Book of the White and a certain warlock or two 👀 It was just fun!

Favorite book of the month:


Excluding the re-reads, my favorite book of the month was definitely (and obviously lol) The Lost Book of the White! You guys know how much I love this world and these characters, and I was just so happy to be back in the Shadow world with a new adventure!

Least favorite book of the month:

None! While The Girl with the Windup Heart was mildly disappointing, I didn't NOT like it, soo.

Books reviewed this month:


The Strange Case of Finley Jayne (The Steampunk Chronicles #0.5) by Kady Cross | ★★★★☆
Nothing but Shadows (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #4) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★
The Girl in the Steel Corset (The Steampunk Chronicles #1) by Kady Cross | ★★★★☆


The Evil We Love (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #5) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★
Only Bad Options (Galactic Truebond #1) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★
The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (The Steampunk Chronicles #2) by Kady Cross | ★★★★☆
Pale Kings and Princes (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #6) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★☆


The Girl with the Iron Touch (The Steampunk Chronicles #3) by Kady Cross | ★★★★☆
Bitter of Tongue (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #7) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★☆
The Girl with the Windup Heart (The Steampunk Chronicles #4) by Kady Cross | ★★★★☆

Other posts:



#21: Ready for Spooky Season!



Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

8 comments:

  1. Great job!!! I love sweater weather too! Happy Spooky Season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And a very happy Spooky Season to you! 😆

      Delete
  2. Yay for having a good month of reading! I am so far behind in the Shadowhunters world. I need to get back to it. Hope you have a good October!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly feel like I am perpetually behind with the Shadowhunters novels 😂 But I'm getting there! I think I only have Ghosts of the Shadow Market and Chain of Iron before I'm caught up!

      Delete
  3. Just discovered this group of bloggers who post their month end info and I think it's a fun way to kind of keep track of where I am each month with challenges, etc. I'll have to go put together a post and join in. :)
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I hope you'll join us because it really is fun!

      Delete
  4. Hope you've been getting your chilly October weather by now. As always, I LOVE your nail art! So gorgeous!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 😅 And it IS finally starting to cool down! Although in the afternoons I'm still having to turn on the AC in my car on the drive back from work. Lol.

      Delete