Monday, December 19, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #295: So Many Murders


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I read:

  

Wrong Place Wrong Time was SO GOOD! It's a mystery thriller where a mother witnesses her son commit a murder and then she's suddenly thrust into a time loop all while trying to solve this mystery. BUT instead of your normal time loop where the character lives the same day over and over, she keeps going back in time! And it was just so well done! And the mystery was interesting. 

I got the audiobook for The Trouble with Tinsel for free in the author's newsletter. I actually already read this novella last year, but the only reason I even decided to give this a listen is because of the ridiculous Sexy Santa song 😂 And it was totally worth it! It was so much fun! And the narrator captured Triana's sass and just all the other characters so perfectly! I really loved it!

How to Survive Your Murder was another mystery thriller with a time displacement component. And while I loved the premise, idk, I didn't end up loving the book as much as I thought I would. I thought the main character was pretty dumb, despite her being a horror movie fan, and the end was just... no. Not it. If it this was a horror movie then yes! It would totally work! But I didn't love it here.


Currently reading:

 

I have not picked Station Eternity back up because it was returned to the library. I only read one chapter, and at this point, idk if I want to continue it? I'm not DNFing it, I think I'm just going to put it back on my TBR because I'm feeling like my mood has switched from sci-fi to mystery thrillers, as you can tell by the two books I read this past week. Station Eternity I still really want to read! It' very intriguing! But my mood is not cooperating with this book at the moment, so I think I'm going to put it aside for now and pick it back up when the mood returns.

And I also started the next book in my Elemental Assassin re-read. This one is going to be brutal 😭


Up next:


I just got an ARC of this book last week, and it doesn't come out till May, but I think I want to read it now. Like I said, I am currently in the mood for mystery thrillers and this one sounds very interesting!


What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment