Saturday, January 4, 2020

Most Read Authors and Series of 2019



Today I wanted to share my most read authors and series of 2019 because, I'm gonna be honest, once I find something I like I just read that over and over ๐Ÿ˜… What can I say, I like what I like ๐Ÿ˜‰




Three out of the five authors on this list did not surprise. The other two are new-to-me authors.



First up is R.L. Stine. He is always at the top of my list because I just read a bunch of his Fear Street books every year. This year I read one more R.L. Stine book than I did last year.



Next up is a new-to-me author, Tite Kubo. This year I discovered the anime Bleach and I fell completely in love with it! After finishing the show I discovered that the last arc of the series was never adapted so I read the manga. This was the first manga I read and I really loved it! I'm looking forward to reading more manga this year!



Jennifer Estep is another author I am not surprised is on my list again this year because I just adore her books! This year, though, I read two less books than I did last year.



Cassandra Clare made my list last year with only three books, but this year I read nine! Gods, I just love the Shadowhunter world and I went through her books like nothing! ๐Ÿฅฐ



Marissa Meyer is another new-to-me author, which I'm still mad about because I loved her writing and I wish I would've read one of her books sooner!




These series pretty much correlate with my most authors read, but lets take a look at it anyway ๐Ÿ˜…



I'm a little bit surprised Fear Street didn't win the #1 spot, but I did read the entire last arc of Bleach plus one supplemental-type book.



Next is Fear Street! I read a bunch of different Fear Street series, but they're all Fear Street so it counts ๐Ÿ˜… Lol.



As with Fear Street, I read a bunch of books in the Shadowhunter Chronicles even though they're all part of different series, they're all part of the same world. It's funny because at the beginning of 2019 I still hadn't finished The Mortal Instruments, and now I've already started The Dark Artifices!



I adore the Elemental Assassin series, but the only downside is that this year I got all caught up with it and now I have to wait for each release ๐Ÿ˜ฉ Honestly, they're worth it ๐Ÿ˜‰



And last is The Lunar Chronicles! As soon as I read Cinder I fell immediately in love with the world and the characters, and I pretty much read the entire series in under a month. Lol. I have volume 2 in the Wires and Nerve series to read and then that's it. No more TLC ๐Ÿ˜ฉ I'm not ready ๐Ÿ˜ญ


That's it! Let me know what some of your most read authors or series were this year!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜… The last few years the number of R.L. Stine books I read are in the double digits. But they just very short, quick reads, and I really like that. Lol.

      Delete