Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Review: Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles #0.5) by Marissa Meyer

Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)
Title: Glitches

Series: The Lunar Chronicles #0.5

Author: Marissa Meyer

Publication date: December 2011

Published by: Feiwel and Friends

Source: Purchased Stars Above

Add it on Goodreads

Read it for FREE here!

Buy Stars Above: Amazon | Book Depository | Book Outlet | Thrift Books

Synopsis:

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. In Glitches, a short prequel story to Cinder, we see the results of that illness play out, and the emotional toll that takes on Cinder. Something that may, or may not, be a glitch...

My rating: ★★★★★

Glitches is a prequel to Cinder, it actually takes place a few years back, when little Cinder meets her new family.

As we all know, because this is a Cinderella retelling, the stepmother is just awful. Adri at one point calls Cinder a creature just because she’s a cyborg and UGH! I hate her! And the oldest daughter, Pearl, is no better. I felt so awful for my poor Cinder ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

I'm here for you. You brave little soldier. I acknowledge your pain. You're too precious for this world! - 2x15 Tall Tales

Fortunately, Cinder had her allies in this dreadful household. Garan, Cinder’s new adoptive dad, was very kind to her. Unfortunately, he ended up contracting Letumosis and died. It was so sad! There’s also the youngest daughter Peony who was very sweet and kind to Cinder as well. I really loved her! And she was just so cute with her crush on Prince Kai. And last but not least, Iko! I love Iko! In this novella we actually get to see Cinder fixing Iko and their first interactions.

Anyway, I really loved this novella and seeing Cinder arriving and meet her new family. Even though I already knew how awful Adri was and that Garan didn’t make it, it still got me! It was so sad! But I highly recommend this to anyone who is as big a fan of The Lunar Chronicles as I am! It was amazing!


Have you read this book? If so, what did you think about it? If not, what do you think? Does it sound like something you might want to read? Leave me a link to your review or comment below! ๐Ÿ˜Š

No comments:

Post a Comment