Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Monthly Wrap-Up: September 2024


I don't know how this happened, especially with the borderline reading slump I was in for most of the summer, but I read SO much this month. I read a total of 17 books in September (not all of them were full-length novels though), which comes to around 4185 pages read 😯 Previously, May had been my most read month with about 3100 pages... this month I read 1000 pages (aka 10 books) more than that!
  • 9 were full-length novels (!), 5 short stories/novellas, and 3 were manga
  • 12 were part of a series, and 5 were a standalones
  • I started 2 series but finished 2 as well!
  • 16 were finished copies and 1 ARC
  • 11 were physical books, 5 ebooks, and 1 was an audio/ebook combo
  • 7 were 5-star books, 9 were 4-star books, and 1 was a 3-star book
  • 2 were indie-published, and 15 were traditionally published
  • 3 were by a new-to-me author and 14 were by authors I've previously read
  • 8 were adult books, 5 YA, and 4 middle grade books
  • 16 were fiction books and 1 nonfiction
  • 5 were sci-fi horror, 3 contemporary romance, 1 urban fantasy, 1 medical science, 2 action adventure, 1 historical fantasy, 3 adventure mystery, 1 horror comedy

Books read this month:


I read so much this month that I am going to attempt to keep things short here. Lol. The Lynn Painter shorts (Nothing Better Than You and Wes & Liz's College Road Trip) were SO fun and cute! I cannot get enough of them! This World is Not Yours was a bit disappointing because I was expecting a sci-fi horror, but the first half of this novella was nothing but family drama, which I did not appreciate. It was a good concept though. Symbiont was another sci-fi horror, but this one was really good! Mira Grant does horror really well and I love the science in her books too.


The Sawbones Book was a really interesting nonfiction book about the history of medicine. It was very easy to read and actually pretty fun. I also finished reading the middle grade mystery series by Kiersten White, Sinister Summer, and I really enjoyed it! It was really funny, a little spooky, and just overall a ton of fun! Then I read another Lynn Painter book because I just could not get enough of her cute romances, and I ended up really enjoying Mr. Wrong Number!


Spy x Family has a chokehold on me... I love it! It is so heartwarming and cute, but it also has a ton of action, which I love! And then I finally read the 6th Percy Jackson book that came out last year and I loved it! It was so much fun!


More Sinister Summer, more Mira Grant. The Mira Grant novellas were SO interesting! Like I said, I love the science of her books, and the premise of these two novellas were very intriguing. It was so well done! I liked them!


Dai Dark was a space comedy horror manga, and I enjoyed it! The story was interesting and I really liked the gory art! Then I finished off the Sinister Summer series and I enjoyed it! I appreciated the character growth the kids went through. Plus, we finally found out what was going on with the missing parents! And Circe omg, it was SO good! I am not surprised I liked this much as I did because I also loved The Song of Achilles by this author. But this was just so heartbreaking and so well written! It was also very witchy and perfect for this time of year! And lastly, I read the last book in the Tales from the Gas Station series and I really enjoyed it! This is a horror comedy and the series in general is just very wacky and fun. I loved it!

Favorite book of the month:


I read so many good books this month that it was hard to pick, but I've narrowed it down to these four 😆

Least favorite book of the month:


This book wasn't awful, it just wasn't what I was anticipating.

Books reviewed this month:


Six Wakes by Mur Lafferty | ★★★★★
Crazy Foolish Robots (The Robot Galaxy #1) by Adeena Mignogna | ★★★☆☆
This World Is Not Yours by Kemi Ashing-Giwa | ★★★☆☆


Wrong Place Wrong Time by Gillian McAllister | ★★★★★
How to Survive Your Murder by Danielle Valentine | ★★★☆☆
My Secret to Tell by Natalie D. Richards | ★★★★☆
2389 by Iain Rob Wright | ★★★★☆


Nothing Better Than You (Better than the Movies #1.6) by Lynn Painter | ★★★★★
Nothing Like the Movies (Better than the Movies #2) by Lynn Painter | ★★★★★
Wes & Liz’s College Road Trip (Better than the Movies #1.7) by Lynn Painter | ★★★★★

Other posts:

Spooky Season TBR
#34: We're Back!



Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

1 comment:

  1. 17 books??? *faints*

    I can only congratulate you and pray that I get at least 10% of your strenght next month 😂

    ReplyDelete