Thursday, January 5, 2023

2022 Reading Challenges *Update*


With 2022 behind us and new reading challenges underway, let's take a look at how I did with my 2022 reading challenges. Not great, I think. I can feel it 😅



The challenge: To read 85 books in 2022.

Progress: 85/85 books read.

Challenge complete:

I did it! I finished this challenge with only 3 days to spare 😆


Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2020

The challenge: To read books you have owned prior to January 1, 2022.

The goal: Read 36 books.

Progress: 24/36 books.

Challenge incomplete: ❌

Damn. I only needed 12 more books. This challenge has been very difficult for me these last couple of years. It's all the shiny new books, I tell ya 😆



The challenge: To read books from your virtual TBR/wish list.

The goal: Read 48 books.

Progress: 50/48 books.

Challenge complete:

This one was easy peasy. I used my library a lot this year.



The challenge: To finally finishing those series that you’ve started but not yet completed. Series can be already completed as well as still ongoing. For ongoing series, the goal is to catch up to the most recent book published by the end of 2022.

The goal: Read 9+ series.

Progress: 8/9 series.

Challenge incomplete: ❌

So close! This is another challenge I really struggled with this year. Hopefully I'll do better in 2023 🤞



The challenge: Read 10 books released in 2022.

Progress: 25/10 books.

Challenge complete:

I don't think I've ever read as many new releases as I did this year! It's pretty great, honestly. Lol.



The challenge: Read 5 non-fiction books in 2022

Progress: 6/5 books.

Challenge complete:

And I don't think I've ever read as many nonfiction books as I did in 2022! But I enjoyed them! Definitely going to be reading more of those!



The challenge: Read at least one book a week in 2022.

Progress: 52/52 weeks read.

Challenge complete:

YES! I did it!! I was really sad when I missed two weeks in 2021, but I did it in 2022! I'm not doing this challenge again in 2023, but it's nice to know that I can read one book a week 😆



The challenge: Write 31-40 discussion posts in 2022.

Progress: 62/40 posts

Challenge complete:

Idk if you can tell, but I love discussion posts 😆


I completed 6/8 challenges! I did better than I thought I was going to do. Lol. Those series and books I own though... I always struggle with those 😅

Let me know how you did with your reading challenges!

2 comments: