Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Monthly Wrap-Up: January 2023


This month I read 4 novels and 2 novellas (2 were re-reads), for a total of 6 books and 1930 pages. Pretty strong start. Don't know if I'll able to keep it up all year though 😅
  • All of them were part of a series. No standalones this month.
  • I started one series, but I also finished another! Yay!
  • All of them were 5-star books!! That almost never happens!
  • 1 was a new-to-me author, and the others I previously read.
  • 5 were fiction, 1 nonfiction
  • 4 were adult books, 2 were YA
  • 4 were urban fantasy, 1 epic/high fantasy, and 1 was about science.

Books read this month:


Continuing on with my Elemental Assassin re-read, I read book 14 and a novella. These two were so heartbreaking. I feel awful for Finn and what he went through.

And then I read another Jennifer Estep book, which I of course loved. Lol. This is the last book in the Gargoyle Queen series and it was so good! The action was great and it wrapped things up nicely. I'm sad to say goodbye to these characters though. (This one will be released March 7th 2023.)


And I finally read Chain of Iron, which I've been meaning to read for a while now. I loved it, as I do all things Shadowhunter-related 😆 But man, that trope in the end was frustrating. I love the characters and the world though, so I can't be too mad 😆 And it's a good thing the next book in the series comes out today!! I'm so excited!

And because I couldn't get enough Shadowhunters, I also read We Jace You A Clary Xmas, which is a collection of short stories all about Clary and Jace 🥰 I loved this so much!! It was so cute, and we got a lot of stories in Jace's POV, which I always find interesting. Teenage Jace was such a sad boy. It's nice to see him happier now, with Clary.

What If? was my first nonfiction book of the year, and I really enjoyed it! It was really funny and interesting, plus I really enjoyed all the fun illustrations. (I actually just got the second book from the library yesterday, so I may start it soon 👀)

Favorite book of the month:

I liked them all 😭

Least favorite book of the month:

None! They were all 5-star reads!

Books reviewed this month:


Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper #2) by Kerri Maniscalco | ★★★★☆
Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper #3) by Kerri Maniscalco | ★★★☆☆
Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper #4) by Kerri Maniscalco | ★★★☆☆


Dangerous Girls (Fear Street Collector's Editions #4) R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆
Secret Admirer (Fear Street #36) by R.L. Stine | ★★☆☆☆
Killer's Kiss (Fear Street #42) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆

Other posts:



2022 Reading Stats
2023 New Year’s Book Tag!


My Life in Books: 2022
#22: Series I THINK I'll Finish in 2023

Most Read Authors and Series of 2022
#1: Holding Myself Accountable



Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a strong reading month - and pretty amazing they were all 5 stars! I only had 1 5-star book in January. Hope February is just as good.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/wrap-up-january-2023

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read What If? and it has some thought provoking stuff in it.
    Have a great February reading month.
    My Monthly Wrap up

    ReplyDelete